Saturday 28 November 2015

Divorce Diary Season 2 Episode III Saturday 28th Nov



MY NAME IS HANIFA IBRAHIM, I AM A 26 YEARS OLD. I AM A Pharmacist BY PROFESSION AND I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE MY DIVORCE DIARY WITH YOU :
One can say divorce is a sweet-bitter thing for me. My name is Hanifa Ibrahim. I got married to my ex husband three years back. I was serving in Jigawa when we met. I was strolling back from the market one lazy evening when he parked ahead of me; my first thought when he came out was "this is the height of handsome". Knowing how attracted to handsome guys I was, I tried not to pay much attention to him; my heart was beating so fast when he approached me. I had to hold tight to the leather bag on my hand.

Salaam Alaykum yan mata” I dint even look at him to answer to answer him, I act as if he’s not talking to me after all I fully know we’re the only two people close. He repeats “Salaam Alaykum yar budurwa” I still didn’t answer him, he then come more close to me as if he’s trying to touch me, in my mind I say “what is this one trying to do?” He looks deep into my eyes, I look at his too, I can tell he’s in love the way he looks at me. I stopped then he smile and say “ina ganin kurma ce wannnan, an ma ai na iya sign din kurame tunda naga ai ba makauniya bace” That’s where he got me smiling, I move away from him and continue walking I hastily answered without really stopping, though I slowed my pace. Most guys would have thought it to be rude, but this guy continued to walk with me. He told me he was here on a contract and he lived in Kaduna. Suraaj was so easy to talk to and before I knew it, we were deep into the conversation. I told him I was here for my youth Service. l had finished from Pharmacy. The long walk I was dreading suddenly became too short. We exchanged contacts and he left.
 That day, all day long, I expected his call. I slept with a broken heart. He woke me up early the next day and the subsequent days that followed. Deep in my heart, I knew I had found the One. We met not too often, too seldom, and in fact loved that.  
 So soon, he had finished his contract and we just spoke on phone. And sooner too I had finished my NYSC.   Eventually, our talks started becoming serious and after all the rites and necessaries, we were soon man and wife. The first few months of my marriage were heaven on earth and soon after our honeymoon, his "contracts" resumed. Sometimes when he was around, l would even help him with such designs that I could.
The sad thing was he took long times before he comes back. Sometimes 3 weeks and sometimes even a month. I began not to care when he found me a job and his trips were not reducing.  It has never been my kind of thing and I don't know what took me to his inbox. The conversation just pulled me in; na gano abin da ya fi karfin tunani na.
 After much investigation and stalking, I confirmed my worst fear; When ever my husband is away for a contract for all those weeks he’s with his first wife, I was my husband's second wife, and that was when I resolved to leaving the house. I didn't have the strength to fight, yell or even be angry, I was so much heartbroken. I just told him l could not stay anymore on a relationship built on lies and deceit. We had our little spat and he reluctantly let me with saki daya. My parents were not happy, but I had made my decision. I was almost done with my idda when I noticed l didn't see my period all these times. I confided that in my mom and we went to the doctor.
 I never heard any worse news than the news of being pregnant without the father of my child (you know what I mean). I had my baby boy in due time and that bad news became the apple of my eye. Suraaj has allowed me to keep him, but he still says he wants us both back. l can't deprive father from son but I still feel pained knowing he has another wife and even kids. That is not even my problem; it is the fact that I was deceived. And l hate to admit it, I still loves Suraaj and I cannot bear to share him with another woman.
Thank You For Reading My Divorce Diary.
Special thanks to: Safiyya The Cat Lady for sharing with us.
Remember to check back tomorrow insha Allah for another new episode same time 7pm
Add 08066680993 on whatsapp for updates on Divorce Diary and this life.
Read last week Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment