Monday 16 May 2016

EFCC’s arrest: An act of God to test my faith, says Shekarau

The former Minister of Education, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, has said that his arrest and detention by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has no political undertone.Shekarau, who was also a former Governor of Kano State, made the remark while addressing a news conference in Kano on Sunday.He said “what happened to me could happen toanybody and it was only Godly for me to acceptmy fate, good or bad.”He, however, insisted that he was ready to spend the next 10 years in the Commission’s custody to prove his innocence.“I am not suspecting any political undertone in my arrest but rather regard it as an act of God to test my faith.“I was told that one of the beneficiaries of the N950 million in question implicated me; that I was given N25 million as my share of the money but could not state where, how and when.”Shekarau, who thanked Kano people and other Nigerians for standing by him, said he was not suspecting anybody behind his ordeal.It would be recalled that the former minister was arrested by EFCC on Thursday over alleged sharing of N950 million campaign funds in his house at Mundubawa in Kano metropolis.He was alleged to have collected N25 million as his own share of the money and consequently quizzed by the Commission for interrogation.

No comments:

Post a Comment