Monday 9 May 2016

Trial of A New Bride episode 2 May 9th 2016

Stories I really can’t write how hurt and empty i was that fateful morning. I can’t describe how devastated i was nor how my heart bled. I was totally broken and dead.I couldn’t even call my brother to tell him the bad situation i found myself. In fact my soul and my spirit ran away from me. I was just a shadow of myself. The devil just took time to urinate on my destiny. Suleiman’s mother never bothered nor cared about my feelings, instead pulled out the knife from her son’s body when my cries brought her to the room and almost stabbed me with fury, screaming some incoherent words, until other members of the family came in and held her.“i said it; nothing good ever comes out of Nupawa . She stabbed him, she probably did it in her sleep, or maybe it’s witchcraft. God save my soul” the old woman screamed and cried.I simply sat beside the bed and cried out my heart. I was just like a cornered rat. I was simply in the midst of foreigners. In the midst of people who saw me as a witch or probably a gold digger. None of them spoke to me nor asked how it all happened. I barely had changed my night wear when an ambulance arrived with men from the force head quarters. Before i knew what was happening, i found myself at the back of a police SUV while the perpetrator of the crime walked freely, probably watching the unfolding events from a safe distance. Another problem i had was that i didn’t know who to suspect nor accuse. They all looked the same to me. They were all a bunch of conspirators.I felt like taking my life as the police took me away, because there wasn’t any need living again. I knew the justice system would easily convict and close the case than investigating.“Who am i among a bunch of rich people all accusing me of murder??”. I had nothing to prove my innocence. I was the only person in the room with Suleiman. The murder weapon which might have saved me through finger print test was already compromised by Suleiman’s mother. My life was nothing but over. Kiri kiri prison awaited me with a dark smile.How do i save myself?, how do i prove my innocence?
To be continue Insha Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment