Wednesday 24 August 2016

From the diary of Abu Laura Final

Read the previous episodes HERE

I later heard Anty Murja's call that she want to see me. When I went there after working hours, I saw Aisha there. Anty Murja said she saw Aisha when she asked her what happened, Aisha told her that I just asked her to leave my house that's why she called me. I then narrated everthing to her, but Aisha denied and started arguing, I went down on my knees and pleaded with Anty Murja to allow her proceed with her mission of bringing our marriage to an end.

Anty Murja shocked me when she went down on her knees too by pleading I should let Aisha back as my wife. Hmm, I suddenly wept😭😭😭😭 like a hungry child for more than 10 minutes, I imagined how I'll continue living under same roof with such a wife who has no respect for my mother, and I don't want to hurt Anty Murja's feelings. I told Anty Murja to keep her for three days before she bring her back, She accepted and asked me to allow Aisha to be assisting her in preparing kunu and kosai which she sends to Masjid for iftar. I said okay.

When Aisha returned, I talked to her for hours in the night to find a lasting solution to our problems and to avoid the same problem that may arise and how we can avoid it. The following day, when I returned from office I brought provision items for fasting, I called her to come out to share it but she refused, so I went ahead and shared the items. I went to her room and ordered her to come for her share.
The second day after she returned, I slept in her room (normal routine I share with my 2 wives) Aisha is suppose to be the one to prepare Sahur and Iftaar for the house but when I came back from work that same day, Aisha is not at home and no Iftaar meal for us. When I asked Halima why is Aisha not at home?  She said "Aisha went to Anty Murja's house to help her prepares Iftaar food for the community mosque. I said nothing but I reasoned may be because I gave her nothing that day. (Note: we had everything to prepare iftar and sahur).
Earlier during sahur, she just boiled water for herself alone, I didn't said anything. The following morning I gave her N100 before I left for office (😊 you know civil servant idan wata yai nisa). After I returned same as yesterday, nothing for me or Halima, and she went to Anty Murja's house and whenever she went there, she will returned after or exactly 10pm. Since am the one that approved her to help Aunty Murja with the work I didn't complain because I know what would happen if I do. Hausawa said "Sanin Hali yafi Sanin... Ku karasa " that's how we continue throughout Ramadan when ever it's her duty, and I never seize to give her money to buy the things she need. Why I did not tell Anty Murja about this is because I know if she is aware, she would definately stopped her from going to her house, and that could lead to another trouble.

One day Khairat told me "Daddy, I came 2nd" I said she should bring the result, but Aisha sent her away, upto date, I didn't see that result, (I later went to the school and collected another one). I once called Khairat, she stopped her from coming. On the last day of Ramadan, I went to collect my share of meat, then I Aisha called me that she took Khairat for Hair plaiting (which I later realised it was her cousin who told her to notify me of her whereabout as she went out without my permission). So when I came back with the meat I kept hers in nylon bag then Halima untied it and put it in an open plastic container, then I kept N500 on top of the nylon bag. After two days, when we were performing ablution for subhi prayer, she came to my side and said "in the morning I'll be going somewhere and the following day I'll visit my mum. I noticed she's only notifying me not requesting for permission from me. I said nothing. When she  was about to go, I asked her to give me my clothes that I gave her to keep for me, because that's what I'll put on that day and I noticed she want to luck her room. She brought it out for me but instead of giving me, she dumped them on the ground, while I was standing right before her, I just smiled and picked them up.

When she left I called her uncle who was her Waliy that they should stop her from coming back till I come, cause we need to sort some things. Unfortunately, our salary was delayed, I was not able to go on time. One Friday evening, she returned while I was preparing to go on Sunday after Halima went to visit her parents too. I then called her uncle why she returned, he told me that he hasn't seen her mum that's why.

On Sunday morning, I accompanied Halima to the park. I was there when my colegues who we are maintaining grave yards around the town called me that they were at work. So from the park, I went there. When I returned, I saw my remaining clothes on the ground in the sitting room. I picked them up before I called her and sat her down. I asked her, "Aisha, don Allah ina dalilin wulakanci tsakani na da ke?" "Wulakanci?" she asked. I then explained everything to her and asked her the reasons for her actions, she kept laughing. (Ga mahaukaci kenan) I stood up and left her. That day I slept with her to proof that I had nothing against her. The following morning I gave her cefane before I left for work, when I returned I ate and went out. That night, my neigbhour locked the gate earlier, I called her more than five times, she did not pick, I then called my neigbour's daughter to opened for me. When I entered, I didn't entered her room because I knew she was looking for trouble.

The following morning, she said she wanted to talked to me, when I was ready to work, I sat down, she said "ina son sanin matsayi na"😳 while I was expecting apology, well, I said I was expecting her response to my previous inquiries before I could know my fate. I just left, she kept disturbing me. One day, I sat her down, I enquired from her again, from the discussion we had I realized that she is not interesting in me. Then I asked whether all those nonsense was to provoke me just to achieved her goal. She said as whatever way I might considered it. Then I said if that should be the case, no need for such foolishness, if you dont want to stay with me any longer, just let me know I will let you go amicably in respect. I went to her mum to explain the situation to her, but I didn't meet her, I then told her waliy, and that I need my baby.

Two days later, Aisha, I now realised that you want to stay away from me, as a muslim, I believe in destiny khairan or sharran. Aisha, you had done what no other woman can do to my life, been the first woman I made love to in my life, as well as the mother of my only beloved child, I knew you allowed others to corrupt your mind, because I knew what you can and what you cannot do.

Aisha,  I will let you go not because I hate you or just to embarass you but just considered it as a sacrifice for peace. Whatever wrong you did to me, I have forgiven you and throughout our stay, if I cheat on you in any way, Allah Ya saka miki. I promised take care of you upto when your next husband comes. Do you have anything to say?" She nodded her head in indication of No. Then I gave her the divorce letter and left for office.

Three days later, Aisha is still around, I called her and sat her down again "Aisha, it seems you are considering me as your enemy, no, just consider me as your elder bros henceforth, remember, we are bonded for life, we must sit and discussed the future of our child, just considered what happen as fate. I just let you go because it is what you want. Keeping you is as punishing you here and hereafter, just relax" I then enquired why she was still around, she told me that she was waiting for the wedding of Anty Murja's daughters that is coming the coming week. She gave me her phone for repairs. When I went to Anty Murja's house to let her her know about the situation, but she told me that Aisha told her everything and said I permit her to stay until after her daughter wedding which was a lie because I didn't tell Aisha to stay in my house. I then smiled and told her everything. Just after two days when her advisers came for the wedding, things changed for the worst, they gave her advise to maltreat me because of Khairat. That what made dropped my promised and declared her and whoever participated in the matter my enemy. If I fabricated this story just to tanish her image, Allah is our Judge.

I hope you learn one or two things from my story.

Special thanks to Abu Laurat for sharing his story with us.

For more updates on Inside Arewa Stories Follow Us on Instagram and Twitter @Insidearewa or add 08066680993 on whatsapp

No comments:

Post a Comment