Wednesday 17 August 2016

From the diary of Abu Laurat Episode 4

Read the previous Episodes Here

As time goes on, Halima took full custody of Aisha's baby (khairan). There was a fateful day Halima warmed water to bath Khairat to school, she asked me to send her because she slept over in her mother room and I was in Aisha's room too, I told Khairat her aunt is calling her, to my surprise Aisha grabbed her hand and take her to the bathroom, the next thing I saw was Khairat shivering in front of me. I jokingly told Khairat "Sanyi kike ji haka "? She said in an innocent voice crying "Mama taimun wanka da ruwan buta". When she entered I asked her why would you bath her with cold water? Which kind of wickedness is this? She's your daughter for Godsake, she kept quite, I warned her not to repeat such foolish act.

The following day, she repeats the same thing, I came out and kicked the kettle away. That day I went to Aunty Murja's house (Saeed's mum), I told her everything she begged me not to say anything to her that she will talk to her. One day, Khairat was ill, I took her to my friend's pharmacy, he gave us some antibiotics. After three days when I was in office the measles showed on her skin, then my friend Hamza bought a calamine lotion to be applied on her body, she did not even tell me just to thank him, I was ashamed when he told me. She later went to Aunty Murja's house and she gave her N1,000 for the drugs, she did not tell me also, Aunty Murja told me later. I came back and saw the drugs she did not tell me how she got the drugs. After two days I enquired how she got the drugs, she responded "Kudi na ne". I was shocked, how comes you got such money while I know you don't work nor sell anything. Since then I decided to stay  silent henceforth.

Aisha became more violent, she doesn't sweep the house nor wash the toilet, when Halima complained, I told her to continued if she can or stop to follow her deed, and she should never responds to any trouble of hers, because she needs an excuse to launch her "rashin mutunci". When ever Halima swept the compound, Aisha will poured dirty water or any form of dirty. She finally stopped Halima from taking Khairat to and from school, she started going out without my permission and won't return until 9 - 10pm. I also kept quite as I promised myself to avoid hearing any insult that can provokes me. In short, our marital aspects were corrupted.

One evening, after Isha prayer, I came back and met Halima exchaging words with Aisha shouting "don ubanki ki idan kin isa ki sa na share". I shouted at them to calm them down. I then asked Aisha what happened, she said she was cooking when Halima locked the kitchen door. I then turned to Halima, she said she just closed the door as usual to prevents cats from entering, because they used to enter if we went for maghrib and isha prayer and Kasan kashi sukeyi a kitchen and I am the one sweeping. Then I said, Aisha that was not a big deal, why cant you just ask why instead of insulting her parents. She continued insulting Halima in my presence, when I cautions her, Halima said I was not left out of the insult, I was shocked, how? She said Aisha insulted her as 'yar maigadi and she responded that mu gidan mu ba karuwai, then Aisha said ai kina auren dan karuwa. Subhanallah. What? Aisha confirmed that she said so kuma bana tsoron ka. She was accusing me that I told Halima of her prostitute sister that's why she said so to hurt me. I got angry 😡 , because I know I didn't insult her or any of her family members, why labelled such word against my noble mother, I paused for a while my wife call-in my mother karuwa! I knew all I could get in return was kayi hakuri baci rai ne. I started hitting the mouth that uttered such nonsense. I gave her the beating of her life that day to bring her back to her senses.

I then said I knew her return home back would never be of good to me. She then said "ai auren qadara nake". I suddenly said good as from then na dauke miki qadarar. She backed my baby, I got mad even ready to do anything foolish without regrating the outcome, my mother hmm. I told her to keep the girl an walked out of my life. She refused, I then told my neighbour to be my witness incase anything happens. She calmed me down and talk to her, she then spent the night before she left in the morning.

To be continued

For more updates on Inside Arewa Stories Follow Us on Instagram and Twitter @Insidearewa or add 08066680993 on whatsapp

No comments:

Post a Comment