Wednesday 24 August 2016

The diary of interrupted dream episode 7


  The diary of interrupted dream episode 6.Clich HERE

Umma left us, but still we sat silently left to our thoughts. We looked towards each other's direction, and our eyes met, we couldn't look away, I could still see the intense feelings those promising eyes held. Shamsu left his sit and sat on the stool in front of me,looking at me deeply,this time I couldn't be able to look into his eyes. He used his hand to lift up my chin so I could be able to look into his eyes, and I did look into his eyes, I wanted to look away but he shook his head in disapproval so I managed to continue maintaining the eye contact. I couldn't continue, because every bit of feelings I had for him came back rushing in full swings, like the gushing of water falls from the rocks like the first time, and it was so very strong that at that moment I wouldn't trade him, or can't compromise those feelings for anything in the whole wide world. Just felt sudden tears coming to my eyes, couldn't control them, so I left them, feeling their warmness on my cheeks, using his palm he touched the tears and said "what for my Aneesah? Or have you forgotten what I said about seing a woman's tears especially yours". I just smiled and said " No memory of you will escape from my brain"
He simply smiled back and said "Marry me My Aneesah let paint the world of love with all colours"
Like a shy virgin bride  of 17 I blushed profusely and covered my face with my veil. I was tongue tied I saw that coming but didn't expect it this soon. I was over joyous but with mixed feelings. He repeated "Marry me please" I still couldn't say anything, I was just beaming with smiles.

" Haba my Aneesah answer me now, you know I can't survive another interruption, I feel it, this time you are going to be mine Insha Allah " he paused for a while and continue "You can't imagine how it feels". I just stared back at him with such an eye contact that speak volumes more than words. He just transferred to the chair next to me layed back and closed his eyes smiling. I seized that opportunity and quickly stood up to leave, but before I could do that, he caught hold of my left hand, his eyes still closed he said " Don't keep me waiting for your response I can't bear it my Aneesah" . He let go of my hand. I paused at the door way turned towards him and fortunate enough his eyes were on me I flashed him one of my best smiles and said "My Shamsuddeen I am ready God's willing to sail with you through the ends of earths".
He stared back deeply and leaned back on the chair closed his eyes and murmured " Leave me alone now my Aneesah i wish to create some mental pictures that requires no distraction". He winked . I just took a deep sigh and went in to the house.

I went straight to my room, still smiling. Didn't  notice Umma was Inside until she cleared her throat. She wanted to say something to me, but she kept it to her. Just nodded and said "Aneesah pray first don't be carried away by those feelings seek counsel" She paused for a while and continue "Allah Ya zaba  miki mafi alheri".'Amin" I said after she left. I changed into something simple, and went to the kitchen to prepare lunch, Umma was not in the kitchen, I thought she is may be with Shamsu, I just smiled at their shared closeness and set to work. I was almost halfway with my cooking when, Umma came into the kitchen, and was saying "Sannu da aiki Aneesah kije kuyi sallama Shamsuddeen zai tafi" I just continue with my work and said " Munyi sallama Umma"."To" was all she said I know Umma so well if she want you to do something she will just reply you shortly. I just kept the knife and onion I was chopping then went out. He was still sitting where I left him but this time he was making a call, I quietly sat down on the two sitter chair in the sitting room adjacent to his.

After he finished with the call he turned to me and said "Aneesah mine". Zan wuce thought i should say bye before that. He rose from the chair and at the same time my phone beep signalling a  message received. I checked it was an unknown number and I became curious so I just clicked on open the following was what I came across "Destiny could only be delayed but not denied, I have loved you and loved you, and still feel the same way, is just a matter of time you will truly be mine" I was so touched that I couldn't hold back the impulse to reply "My Shamsuddeen no words could adequately convey to you how it will feel to be yours only time shall indeed tell " Mi yidi ma bana ( I love you like) crazy my prince charming".
He just kept looking at his phone's screen, when he looked up all, I didn't hear any audibles sound but I understood what he said "Some things had better be left unsaid" was all I could read from the movement of his lips, Shamsu my sweet adorable parrot was speechless. And He just turned and headed toward the door.
Shamsu left we kept in touch though. Finally the day was fixed for our wedding without much ado, which was on Shamsu's birthday.

Certainly, everything is based on appointed time no less or more will be added, finally thousands of people witnessed the wedding Fatiha of Aneesah and Shamsu, in a historic and spectacular manner. Shamsu called me immediately after the shafa fatiha, his voice filled with all the emotions I have ever had in any human's. All what I could understand from what he said was an echo of many "Alhamdulillah you are finally mine  Bari  naje gurin kar aneme ni" I was confused and couldn't keep it to myself "you mean you were not  there why?" I finished with a query."My Aneesah my emotions were high, I don't want to break down in the midst of thousands of individuals as a way of expressing of my greatfulness to God" He said his voice shaking and almost breaking " we were silent for a while.Then as if jolted back to reality he added "Get ready my beautiful bride, for a beautiful life that will add more beauty to your beautiful life" I paused then "HML Mrs Shamsuddeen Ribadu "When I removed the phone from my ears I couldn't stop smiling and smiling and at the same shedding tears. so I follows suit with " Alhamdulillah 3×".

Despite my protest, Shamsu organised a grand and matured dinner party, attended mostly by August young men and women. After the dinner, just like he requested I was to be conveyed to my house our home. And so it was.
For more updates on Inside Arewa Stories Follow Us on Instagram and Twitter @Insidearewa or add 08066680993 on whatsapp

No comments:

Post a Comment