Tuesday 27 September 2016

I’II Reply Tinubu After Edo Governorship Election – Oyegun

National chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie Oyegunhas said that he will not respond to the allegations levelled against him by the national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, as regards the governorship primaries of the party in Ondo State until after the governorship election in Edo State.It would be recalled that Tinubu in a statement published in national dailies  called for the immediate resignation of Oyegun and also accused him of being a “fraud and a regressive element who caresnothing for the progressive ideas upon which the party was founded and is hell-bent on guiding it into the ditch. ”Oyegun who spoke yesterday in Benin City, said, “Asiwaju is a well respected leader of our party so I cannot be seen speaking evilagainst him. I have to consult properly withother leaders of the party before we make any definite statement. Again, you know we have a crucial election here in Edo which is my priority right now. “We don’t want to lose focus and I know Asiwaju also want us to win because we all have worked hard for this. So may be after the election if there is need I will speak, if no need I will relax. But all I can say now is that most of the things said in the papers about me are not true. I have always believed in internal democracy, that the credibility of primaries must be taken seriously. “I believe that if primaries of parties are notcredible, it may derail any democracy so I don’t play with these things at all. Everybody knows me and I don’t joke with my credibility and I have tried to maintain it. Like I said, Asiwaju is our leader and we all hold him in high esteem, so will never join issues with him. “But may be after Edo elections, after we must have emerged victorious, we may speak on some of the issues raised. So there is no problem at all. Edo is the focus for now and as you know this is my state so it is a very serious election for us. So I want to be allowed to remain focus then after the election we can speak” he stated.

Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment