Saturday 26 November 2016

My Neighbor Chapter 5 (Final) Saturday, 26 November, 2016






My Neighbor Chapter 5 final
Saturday 26th November, 2016
Not recommended for readers under 17yrs
 Read the previous Episodes HERE


"Madam, you need to take it easy. We tried our best but...," stated the doctor, pausing.

I looked at the doctor, apprehension gripping me suddenly.

"What's it, doctor? What's wrong with my husband?" I demanded.

He sighed before speaking.
  
"His injuries were just too severe. We did our best but...I'm sorry, we lost him."

"Lost what, Doctor? I don't understand! What happened to my husband? I want to see him! Take me to him. I want to see Ghaddafi!" I collapsed on the ground and began to scream in anguish with my younger sister, Amina holding and trying to raise me up from the floor...


That evening at the hospital was the culmination of the nightmare which began with the phone call from a colleague of Ghaddafi.

 The man had informed me that my husband had been coming home that day and had been involved in an accident.

 "You need to come to the hospital quickly," he had stated then.

 On arriving at the hospital, I learnt he had been taken to the theatre for operation. My sister and I had waited anxiously before the horrible news that Ghaddafi had died!

 How could this have happened? A man that left home healthy and alive barely a month ago now dead?

 And why was he returning home? He was not due for his onshore break yet. There was so much confusion but the only thing that was clear was that Ghaddafi was gone, I had lost my husband and I was heartbroken, inconsolable...

My sorrow over Ghaddafi's death increased considerably when I found out from his friend Chiroma why he had been coming home that day.

 Chiroma said Ghaddafi had found out I was planning to divorce him and was coming to see me.

 "He confided in me, about your intentions. He had looked shocked, stating both of you did not have any major issues so he could not understand why you wanted to leave him," he said.

 In a way, that made me feel guilty, that it was because of me he left his base to travel and got involved in the accident.

 Maybe, if I did not plan to leave him, he would still be alive, not stone dead in the morgue. Whatever had happened, though I was in love with another man, he was still my husband, the father of my child. There was a bond between us that made me feel sorrowful and weep tears of anguish.

 During this period of grief, of mourning, Bako was very supportive. He often came to the house just like many of the other sympathizers and would stay till quite late.

 My mother did not want him around, even blaming him for contributing to Ghaddafi's death.

 "Why can't he stay away?" she asked hotly one evening after he had left for home and we were upstairs in my bedroom. "Has he no shame? Your husband has not even been buried and he's already hanging around you! Why can't he leave you alone?"

 "Mum, let him be! He came just like other sympathizers. What's wrong in that?" I asked her. 
 "You might not see anything wrong but it's not right," she replied. "A man, who made you lose all sense of reasoning, lured you away from your husband. Tell him to keep off or the next time, he shows his face here, there will be trouble!" she warned, wagging a finger at me.

 Trouble was also brewing from another direction. Four months later, some of his kinsmen had come to the house early one morning.
                                             
 What they came for left me upset and confused.

 "Woman," the head of the family began. "You'll have to prove that you had no hand in your husband's death. To do that, you'll swear at our family shrine to prove your innocence, that you did not kill him either through witchcraft, poison or adultery. You are aware of our tradition concerning adultery- it's forbidden for a married woman to have extra-marital affairs because of the consequences. It can affect her family negatively- either the husband or the children can even die.

 "If you're innocent, nothing will happen to you. But you know the consequences if you are guilty. So, search yourself carefully before you take the oath in two days."

 With that they were gone.

  I did not know what to do so I turned to my mother who advised me not to take the oath. 

 "You know you've been having an affair, committing adultery with that man. So, there's no way you can escape the repercussions of your deeds. I warned you, didn't I but you refused to listen!" she said.

 Based on her advice, I sneaked out of the town with Badiyya and went back to the city. My husband's family members were not happy that I refused to take the oath, saying all kinds of things, mostly bad, would happen to me or my daughter.

  I have decided to ignore them and get on with my life. I have my daughter to take care of. There's also Bako.

 I'm not proud of myself, cheating on my husband. I know I'm a bad person who has done something I should not have done. But it was my husband's neglect that pushed me to it.

 I hope Allah will forgive me because since then I have changed and I pray for his forgiveness everyday and also pray Ghaddafi’s soul will rest in peace...

  
 The End! New story start Wednesday insha Allah
Aliyu Muhammed Auwal 
For more stories updates follow us on Twitter and Instagram @insidearewa or add 08066680993 on whatsapp and you can also download insidearewa application for Android users by following the link and wait for the 30 seconds count down to finish to install the app on your phone for easy access.
Download Inside Arewa Android App for fast and easy access
 CLick HERE                                             
or follow this link if the first didnt work for u DOWNLOAD INSIDE AREWA Apphttp://www.appsgeyser.com/3784388






Feel Free To Comments Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment