Monday 12 June 2017

Northern women urged to join military


Former Comptroller, Passport Office of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Hajia Fatima Ahmed Godowoli, has called on northern women to join the military, arguing that service to Nigeria, through the military or para-military, is not for men alone.
She made the call during her pulling-out ceremony.
Godowoli said she was able to weather the storms during her 35-year service through perseverance, dedication and passion for the job.
Her words: “Being the first female Passport officer was really a great challenge for me, but I weathered the storm and here am I today retiring, but not tired. I will like to borrow a leaf from our former Head of State, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, to say I am stepping aside. Some of my colleagues are not here to witness their retirement and at 55, I thank God for serving this nation for 35 years.
“Moreso, this job is a distinguishing one. You meet a lot of people with differences, coupled with series of challenges within the security setup, and if you are not up and doing, or fail to challenge yourself to be academically and physically bold as a woman, you won’t perform.
“I will like to see more women in uniform, coming up as highly educated and learned persons, most especially in the north. This world is not for men alone, they should give us chance as women too.”





 The Nation

Feel Free To Comments Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment