Wednesday 26 July 2017

If my doctors permit, I shall return soon –Buhari


President Muhammadu Buhari has assured the President of Guinea, Alpha Conde, that he was making progress with his health.
Buhari in a letter to thank  the Chairman of  the Assemblies of Heads of State and Government of the African Union, for the nationwide prayers held last week by Guineans for his recovery and good health, said he would  return to his duties to continue serving the Nigerian people who elected him, as soon as received the green light from his doctors.
Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Femi Adesina in a statement said the assurance was contained in a letter to the Guinean President  dated July 24, 2017.
According to the statement, “President Buhari, who had earlier made a phone call to Conde, who is the current Chairman of  the Assemblies of Heads of State and Government of the African Union, stated:

“I thank you for your kind and thoughtful action in organising nationwide prayers for my good health. It is a gesture that I will forever cherish and treasure.
“Your Excellency will be pleased to hear that I am making good progress, and as soon as doctors advise, I shall return to my duties and continue serving the Nigerian people who elected me and are daily praying for my recovery.”
The statement said Buhari had in an earlier letter, accepted his nomination as leader of the “2018 AU theme on the fight against corruption”, which came from African leaders at the 29th Session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the AU in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on July 4, 2017.
“While thanking you for the kind words and for the nomination,” the President wrote to Conde, “I wish to express my readiness to accept this new important role and to reiterate my commitment to contribute towards our collective efforts to strengthen good governance and development on the continent. I, therefore, look forward to working closely with you in the realization of this objective.”
   The president’s letter to Conde corroborated the view expressed by National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, who had said that only his doctors in the United Kingdom could decide when he would be fit to return to the country and return to work.
Addressing journalists after a closed door meeting of the National Working Committee of the party, including governors elected on the party’s platform, in Abuja last Thursday, Odigie-Oyegun explained that Buhari was fast recovering from his ailment.
  He dismissed claims by Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State that Buhari was on life support.
“If I respond, I will be dignifying him. At the appropriate time, people will answer him; at the appropriate level. He (Fayose) is in a different world altogether. We are glad to inform you that President Muhammadu Buhari is recovering in a very robust manner,” Oyegun said.



Feel Free To Comments Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment